Lets look at the process of rooting
- Enable the Developer Options:
Go to Settings and About phone and Tap continuously on "Android Version" till Developer Options are enabled.
- Download the following files:
Download this files in PC and then transfer to the Internal Storage of your Redmi 1S (Remember not to download these files in mobile. Strictly download only in PC and then transfer via USB Cable)
- Now open Settings and About Phone and to System Updates
- Click on Options button and Select Update Package
- Then navigate to the folder where you have transferred those downloaded files and then select "update.zip"
- Select and confirm "Install update.zip to System"
- Reboot the phone
Even after rooting you will observe that rooted apps don't not work properly.You have enable root permissions for them to work. For this go to security and then go to permissions and enable root permissions.
CONGRATULATIONS ! YOUR PHONE IS NOW ROOTED
REMEMBER THAT YOU WONT RECEIVE ANY SYSTEM RELATED OTA UPDATES AFTER ROOTING YOUR REDMI 1S. IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE OTA UPDATES, YOU NEED TO UNROOT THE DEVICE
( Before unrooting, remember to deselect Root Permission which was enabled while rooting )
- Open Settings .Go to About Phone and System Updates and then Select Update Package
- Then navigate to folder where " UnRootNative_Redmi1S.zip " is placed and select it.
- Confirm its installation and then reboot the phone similarly as while rooting.
- Now you can check in Permissions that the choice of Selecting and Deselecting the Root Permission will be disabled (This shows that your device is successfully unrooted)