Now you can root your Gionee P4 using Vroot app which requires a pc and if you don't have a pc then you can root it using an app.Gionee P4 is mediatek quadcore device sporting a 4.5inch display with 480x854 resolution display.It comes with android 4.2 kitkat on board with 8gb internal storage which can be expanded using a microsd card.The primary camera on the device is 5mp while the secondary camera is 2mp while the battery is 1800mah.
Rooting Gionee P4 will void your warranty and also we don't hold any responsibility if you brick your device while doing so.Even though this process will never harm your device in any way so its worth trying even if you don't know the rooting and stuff.All your data on the device will not affected and you don't need to worry about any data loss at all.If you don't have root access after trying this then try it again and make use that usb debugging id enabled.
The device internal storage is quite low and if you install 3 to 4 games storage fills up and device lags a lot.The battery backup is also low but since its a mid range device you cant expect much.But you can over come these limitation by rooting it.
Why to Root Gionee P4?
- To reduce over heating: If you have observed the device over heats while small playing games too and also during heavy browsing You can actually reduce the heat by under clocking the cpu using some cpu controlling apps.
- To improve performance: By rooting the device you will be able to free some same by uninstalling apps which you don't use and this might decrease the load on cpu as well as free up some ram and internal storage which ultimately improve the performance of the device.
- To improve battery life: It comes with a 1800mah battery and battery life is quite.But by rooting you will be able to improve the battery life a bit by using apps like greenify.
- To install custom roms: Installing customs requires root access as well as custom recoveries installed.Some recoveries like twrp can be installed on your device easily if you have root access.This device doesn't have twrp yet.
- To move apps to sdcard: Though some of the apps can be moved to sdcard but only some portion of the app can be moved to external sdcard.If you have to move app data (obb files)then you have to root Gionee P4 .
- To block adds: There is no short for games and apps in the android platform ,most of the free apps comes with adds which can hinder your experience while using then and sometime they are too annoying.You can block ads on your Gionee P4 if you have root access using ad blocker.
If you don't know how to root it then don't worry you can root Gionee P4 safely by following any one of these methods.Before following these method make sure that you have at least 50% charging left on your device.Enable usb debugging and backup all your data.Prerequisites:
- Charge your device to at least 30%.of course it doesn't take much time and battery to root using kingroot file.
- Backup all your data:Just in case if any thing goes wrong you restore them.
- Enable usb debugging on your device.To do this go to about device and find build number.Tap continuously on build number until you see the message you are now a developer.Go back and you will find developer options.Click on it and mark on enable usb debugging.
- Download kingroot apk file and transfer it to sdcard.
How To Root Gionee P4:
Root Gionee P4 using Vroot:
- This method requires a computer.
- Download the Vroot application on your computer and install it.
- Open the application and connect gionee p4 to computer through usb cable.
- Once you connect the device it should be detected.
- Now click on connect device and then click on root.
- Once the rooting process is done gionee p4 reboots.
Root Gionee P4 using Kingroot :
- Install the kingroot app on your device.
- Open the app and you will find a green button with a word root in it.
- Click on it and wait for few seconds till the root process is completed.
- Once your the phone is rooted you restart the device and you have root access.
- Now head over to playstore and download root checker app and run it to verify root access.
Final words on Gionee P4 :