Now you can update your samsung galaxy s4 SM-I9500 to android lollipop 5.1 by installing resurrection remix custom rom. Samsung galaxy s4 was released in the 2013 with little upgrades over the predecessor galaxy s3 .It has a Exynos 5 octa core processor with 2 gb ram along with 16 or 32 gb storage options.It sports a 5 inch super amoled display with full hd resolution which is protected by corning gorilla glass 3.Primary camera on this phone is 13 mp while the secondary camera is 2mp.It device has battery of 2600mah which is upgrade from the galaxy s3. The device was initially released with android 4.2 jellybean on board and later updated to kitkat and has been upgraded to lollipop recently.
Since the device is samsung its been released with different two different processors and also on many carriers . Though the device has an octa core processor touchwiz ui lags a lot and device heats up quickly if you play games or surf the web for few minutes. There is lot of bloatware on the device which occupies at lot of space which you can actually free up by rooting the device.
The first thing you might has done is install android apps with root access and final thing is to flash a custom rom which is fast and stable enough for daily usage.If you are in search of Lollipop custom rom for galaxy s4 and could not find one then you are on right place.In this post we will guide you to Flash Resurrection custom roms on samsung galaxy s4 I9500.This post is specific to the Samsung galaxy s4 I9500 so it better to check your device model number before proceeding further.
To check your device model number go to settings and then to about device.You will find your device model number confirm that you are using I9500 variant of this device.
- Charge your mobile to at least 80% so that you don't run into any problems.
- Backup all your apps and data on your deivce to external sdcard or computer as flashing resurrection remix rom will erase all the app data on your device including contacts.
- Enable usb debugging on your s4.Of course you don't need to do this for sure but enable it.
- Download resurrection remix rom and gapps if you need them.
- Backup Efs and modem partitions of your samsung galaxy s4.
- You must have a custom recovery like Twrp or CWM installed on your phone.
Install Resurrection Remix Custom Rom On galaxy S4 I9500:
About resurrection custom rom:This Resurrection remix rom which your are about to flash on galaxy s4 is a android 5.1.1 lollipop which is based on cyanogenmod,slim,omni and original remix roms. So you can all the best features of other roms included in this rom along with performance and a decent battery life.
Features of RR rom:
- Navigation bar tweaks: You can enable disable or navigation bar and also you can adjust the size of navigation bar.Navigation ring included toggles to in case of quick access just swipe from bottom of screen and you can access apps which you have set.
- Status bar tweaks: Status bar has lot of tweaks which include a brightness slider.Slide in status bar to adjust brightness of the screen.Various tweaks are available to carrier label too like color and switch.Quick and smart pull down are also present.Battery icon too has tweaks.
- Gesture anywhere: This basically lets to open any app at any time(while using other apps) with just a gesture.You have to set the gestures and use them.
- Recent panel mods: Stock recent panel do not have an option to clear all the apps at once.In this rom you a button to clear apps and can even set the position of the button.
- App circle Bar:Swiping from the left or right edges of the screen an app bar pops up and you can choose what app you want to launch.This is great way of multitasking.
- Lock screen mods: This includes placing of 5 shortcuts on lock screen and also set targets for the slider.
- Theme engine: Theme engine is from the cyanogenmod custom rom which basically changes the look user interface from lock screen to ring tones all the way up to boot animations.The crazy thing about this theme engine is its ability to choose individual elements of every theme you have installed and overlap with themes.So you like the ring tons and wallpapers of one theme and icons of other theme then you can have them at a time.Just open the theme chooser and you will understand how to do it.
Flash Resurrection remix custom rom through recovery:
- Download resurrection remix lollipop rom (Resurrection remix_lp_v5.4.5)and Gapps transfer it to sdcard or internal storage of device.
- Power of the device completely.
- Press volume up,power button and home key simultaneously and once you see boot loader screen release buttons.
- Using volume down as a navigation button move to recovery and click on power button to confirm action.
- Once you are in twrp or CWM recovery backup existing rom first.It might about 5 minutes for backup to complete.
- Wipe data,cache and dalvik cache.You may not need to wipe system.
- Flash ROM and then gapps.
- Reboot to system.Wait at least 20 minutes for initial boot to complete and once done you can explore ROM features.
This is a simple tutorial guiding you to install resurrection remix custom rom on sasmung galaxy S4 I9500..As this rom is meant only for this variant of the S4 I9500 don't try to flash it on other variants like on I9500 as it might cause lot of errors or even soft brick it.As this rom is still in alpha there may be more bugs than expected.