Install official cyanogenmod custom rom on samsung galaxy s4 SM-I9505 (Jfltexx) and update it to latest android version that is lollipop 5.1. Samsung galaxy s4 was released in the 2013 with little upgrades over the predecessor galaxy s3 .It has a quad core Snapdagon 600 processor clocked at 1.9ghz with 2 gb ram along with 16 or 32 gb or 64gb storage options.It sports a 5 inch super amoled display with full hd resolution which is protected by corning gorilla glass 3.Primary camera on this phone is 13 mp while the secondary camera is 2mp.It device has battery of 2600mah which is upgrade from the galaxy s3. The device was initially released with android 4.2 jellybean on board and later updated to kitkat and has been upgraded to lollipop recently.
Since the device is samsung its been released with different two different processors and also on many carriers . Though the device has an octa core processor touchwiz ui lags a lot and device heats up quickly if you play games or surf the web for few minutes. There is lot of bloatware on the device which occupies at lot of space which you can actually free up by rooting it.
The first thing you might have done is to install android apps with root access and final thing is to flash a custom rom which is fast and stable enough for daily usage.If you are in search of Lollipop custom rom for galaxy s4 and could not find one then you are on right place.In this post we will guide you to Flash Cyanogenmod (Cm )custom roms on samsung galaxy s4 I9505 (jfltexx).This post is specific to the Samsung galaxy s4 I9505(Jfltexx) so it better to check your device model number before proceeding further.
To check your device model number go to settings and then to about device.You will find your device model number confirm that you are using galaxy s4 I9505 (Jfltexx) variant of this device.
- Charge your mobile to at least 80% so that you don't run into any problems.
- Backup all your apps and data on your device to external sdcard or computer as flashing Cyanogenmod rom will erase all the app data on your device including contacts.
- Enable usb debugging on your galaxy s4 i9505.Of course you don't need to do this for sure but enable it.
- Download Cyanogenmod custom rom and gapps if you need them.
- Backup Efs and modem partitions of your samsung galaxy s4.
- You must have a custom recovery like Twrp or CWM installed on your phone.
Install Cyanogenmod Custom Rom On galaxy S4 I9505 (Jfltexx):
Cyanogenmod ROM (CM):
Cyanogenmodmod is one of the best custom roms available in android development ecosystem.They support lot of devices.This rom is based on android open source project with lot of added features.This rom give you better stability,performance and decent battery life.
- Theme engine: Theme engine is from the cyanogenmod custom rom which basically changes the look user interface from lock screen to ring tones all the way up to boot animations.The speciality of the theme engine is the ability to choose individual elements of every theme you have installed.So you like the ring tons and wallpapers of one theme and icons of other theme then you can have them at a time.Just open the theme chooser and you will understand how to do it.
- Performance control:A default cpu and gpu manager app to control frequencies and governors.You can adjust cpu frequencies and also set them on boot too.
- Trebuchet: This is the default launcher that ships with cyanogenmod rom.But if you flash gapps then you might loose this.It doesn't have too many features like nova or other launchers but its simple and fast.
- Software Updates: Cyanogenmod rom is usually available in three types one is nightlies which gets updated with new features every night and are quite stable for daily usage.second one is the snapchat which is monthly build version which will be stable version and other one is the release candidate.Some times nightlies are considered must stable than the snapshots.
- Status bar Tweaks:Status bar has lot of tweaks which include a brightness slider.Slide in status bar to adjust brightness of the screen.Double tap on status bar to sleep device and also network speed indicator for on going traffic info.
Flash Cyanogenmod custom rom through recovery:
- Download Cyanogenmod rom for Jltexx and Gapps transfer it to sdcard or internal storage of device.
- Power of the device completely.
- Press volume up,power button and home key simultaneously and once you see boot loader screen release buttons.
- Using volume down as a navigation button move to recovery and click on power button to confirm action.
- Once you are in twrp or CWM recovery backup existing rom first.It might about 5 minutes for backup to complete.
- Wipe data,cache and dalvik cache.You may not need to wipe system.
- Flash ROM and then gapps.
- Reboot to system.Wait at least 20 minutes for initial boot to complete and once done you can explore ROM features.
If you don't find root access after flashing this custom rom then go to about device and tap on build number continuously till you see a toast message you are now a developer.Go back and you will find developer settings.Open it and scroll down you will find an option for root permissions.Set permission according to your needs.
This is a simple tutorial guiding you to install cyanogenmod custom rom on sasmung galaxy S4 I9505..As this rom is meant only for this variant of the S4 I9505 (Jfltexx) don't try to flash it on other variants like on galaxy s4 I9500 as it might cause lot of errors or even hard brick it.