Install cyanogenmod custom rom on samsung galaxy alpha SM-G850F and update it to latest version of android lollipop that is 5.1.1.Samsung has rolled out lollipop 5.0 update for this device but if you want 5.1.1 then you have to go for custom roms for sure.Samsung galaxy alpha is one of the first devices which had a metal frame as a outer shell,in samsung device.It comes with a exynos octa 5 processor with 2gb of ram and has 32gb internal storage with no extension slot at all.IT sports a 4.7 inch display with hd resolution and is protected by coring gorilla glass 3 layer.Primary camera is a 12mp sensor while secondary camera is a 2.1mp sensor.Finally it is powered by a 1860 mah battery.
Why to flash a custom on galaxy alpha SM-G850F?
- Less bloatware: Usually Carrier variants comes with lot of bloatware and unwanted stuff.This might hinder performance a bit which might result in hick ups.Custom roms will have less bloatware or no bloatware at all as a result of which you will notice its performance is much better than on stock rom.
- Better performance: Though performance can be increased by controlling cpu and Gpu with root apps you might not achieve what you want.There is better scope for performance on custom roms as developers implements different mods to make it perfect.
- Battery life: Since It comes with a smaller non removable 1860 mah battery it you get very less Battery life ans is always opposite to performance.Greater the performance least the battery life you get.In order to get a balance one between them you have to go for custom roms.
- Better customisation: Most of the apps with root access will work better on custom roms than on stock roms.For instance take xposed installer.It offers lot of modules for customisation but will work perfectly on custom roms than on stock one.
Install cyanogenmod custom rom on galaxy alpha SM-G850F:
Cyanogenmod is one of the best custom roms available in android development ecosystem.They support lot of devices.This rom is based on android open source project with lot of added features.IT uses android 5.1.1 lollipop as base for now and will be updated to later versions of android when available.Though samsung galaxy alpha SM-G580F is not officially supported yet but have it for us thanks to developer Easy4me on android-hilfe.de. Since this unofficial is based on kernel source of Sm-G850f it is not advisable to flash it on other variants at all.
- Theme engine: Theme engine is from the cyanogenmod custom rom which basically changes the look user interface from lock screen to ring tones all the way up to boot animations.The speciality of the theme engine is the ability to choose individual elements of every theme you have installed.So you like the ring tons and wallpapers of one theme and icons of other theme then you can have them at a time.Just open the theme chooser and you will understand how to do it.
- Performance control:A default CPU manager app to control frequencies and governors.You can adjust cpu frequencies and also set them on boot too.
- Trebuchet: This is the default launcher that ships with cyanogenmod rom.But if you flash gapps then you might loose this.It doesn't have too many features like nova or other launchers but its simple and fast.
- Software Updates: Cyanogenmod rom is usually available in three types one s nightlies which gets updated with new features every night and are quite stable for daily usage.second one is the snapchat which is monthly build version which will be stable version and other one is the release candidate.Some times nightlies are considered must stable than the snapshots. As of now we have android lollipop 5.1.1 in form on CM 12.1.
- Status bar Tweaks:Status bar has lot of tweaks which include a brightness slider.Slide in status bar to adjust brightness of the screen.Double tap on status bar to sleep device and also network speed indicator for on going traffic info.
- Backup:Backup all your data which includes apps,contacts,photos videos etc everything to computer or any cloud storage as flashing resurrection remix custom ROM on samsung galaxy alpha will erase all your data.
- Battery: Charge your galaxy alpha SM-G850F to at least 90% so that you wont encounter any battery related issues while flashing this.
- Backup Efs partitions: Backup all your efs partition of your samsung galaxy alpha on current ROM.If you loose signal you can just restore it back.
- Lock Gps:Lock your gps position on your current rom.If you use this a lot then you have to lock it so that it could work even after flashing other roms. It's easy to lock gps .Turn on gps in settings and find your current location in google maps and now now have locked on to gps.
- Custom recovery: You need a custom recovery like twrp installed on your alpha .Without it you can not flash roms at all.
- Downloads: Cyanogenmod rom and google apps.Transfer them to internal storage of your device.
Flash Cyanogenmod Cm 12.1 rom using Twrp recovery:
- Download Cyanogenmod for galaxy alpha (cm-12.1-20150518-UNOFFICIAL-slte.zip) and Gapps transfer it to sdcard or internal storage of device.
- Power of the device completely.
- Press volume up,power button and home key simultaneously and once you see boot loader screen release buttons.
- Using volume down as a navigation button move to recovery and click on power button to confirm action.
- Once you are in twrp backup existing ROM first.It might about 5 minutes for backup to complete.
- Wipe data,cache and dalvik cache.You may not need to wipe system.
- Flash ROM and then gapps.
- Reboot to system.Wait at least 15 minutes for initial boot to complete and once done you can explore ROM features.
- If rom fails to boot Remove battery and put it back.Reboot it to recovery and this wipe system too and flash rom again.
Sines this is only meant for SM-G850F don't flash this on other variants as you might end in bricking it.By following above procedure you will be enjoying latest version of android lollipop on your samsung galaxy alpha SM-G850F by flashing cyanogenmod custom ROM and our sincere thanks goes to Easy4me developer for bring up this rom.