update your sony xperia P to android lollipop 5.0 by flashing cyanogenmod Cm 12 custom rom. If you have xperia p and waiting for official android lollipop update then it would be like waiting for a boat at railway station.
Then how can you enjoy lollipop on your xpera P which has a code name (Nypon)? Answer is simple its only through custom roms.Flashing roms is a risky process as one wrong step might result in a complete disaster.But if you want to taste lollipop then you have to take risk and we are not responsible for any type of tsunamis or earthquakes caused if you got failed in this process.
- Battery: Charge your xperia P to at least 90% so that you wont encounter any battery related issues while flashing this.
- You must have updated your xperai P to latest firmware available.
- Custom recovery: You need a custom recovery like philz or cwm installed on your xperia P.Without it you can not flash at all.
- Backup:Backup all your data which includes apps,contacts,photos videos etc everything to computer or any cloud storage as flashing Cyanogenmod on Sony xperia P will erase all your data.
- Backup Efs partitions: Backup all your efs partition of your sony xperia P on current Rom.If you loose signal you can just restore it back.
- You must have a Unlocked bootloader for sure.
- Downloads:Cm 12.0 rom for xperia P Nypon and google apps. Transfer them to internal storage of your device.
Cyanogenmod 12 Rom For Sony Xperia P Nypon:
Cyanogenmod is one of the best custom roms available in android development ecosystem.They support lot of devices.This is based on android open source project with lot of added features.IT uses android 5.1.1 lollipop as base for now and will be updated to later versions of android when available.
About Cyanogenmod rom for Xperia P:
Though samsung galaxy s advance I9070 is not officially supported by cyanogenmod and we have cm 12.1 which is compiled by a xda senior member "Percy_G2" a big thanks to him for bring this amazing rom for our device.Coming to cm 12.0 which is build by percy_g2 is an unofficial rom with little to no bugs at all.
General features of Cm 12:
General features of Cm 12:
- Software Updates: Cyanogenmod is usually available in three types one s nightlies which gets updated with new features every night and are quite stable for daily usage.second one is the snapchat which is monthly build version which will be stable version and other one is the release candidate.Some times nightlies are considered must stable than the snapshots. As of now we have android lollipop 5.1.1 in form on CM 12.1.
- Trebuchet: This is the default launcher that ships with cyanogenmod. But if you flash gapps then you might loose this.It doesn't have too many features like nova or other launchers but its simple and fast.
- Performance control:A default CPU manager app to control frequencies and governors . You can adjust cpu frequencies and also set them on boot too.
- Status bar Tweaks:Status bar has lot of tweaks which include a brightness slider.Slide in status bar to adjust brightness of the screen.Double tap on status bar to sleep device and also network speed indicator for on going traffic info.
- Theme engine: Theme engine is from the cyanogenmod custom rom which basically changes the look user interface from lock screen to ring tones all the way up to boot animations.The speciality of the theme engine is the ability to choose individual elements of every theme you have installed.So you like the ring tons and wallpapers of one theme and icons of other theme then you can have them at a time.Just open the theme chooser and you will understand how to do it..
- If you are missing root functionality or all your root apps are not working properly then to developer settings and check if root permissions are set properly.
These are key features of cyanogenmod and you can explore other features by flashing this rom on your Sony Xperia P Nypon.
Flash Cyanogenmod on Xperia P using recovery:
- Download Cm12.0 for xperia P Nypon and Gapps transfer it to sdcard or internal storage of Xperia P.
- Power of device completely and wait for few seconds to confirm that it is off completely.
- Press power button and when device boots up leave power button.
- While you xperia P is powering up you you will notice led light blinks.When this happens you have to press either volume up or down continuously until it boots into recovery mode.
- Sony xperia P boots into cwm recovery.
- Once you are in cwm click on backup and select all partitions which you want to backup. It might take about 5 minutes for backup to complete. Don't interrupt backup process.
- Once backup of your existing rom is completed click on back button.Wipe data,cache and dalvik cache and wipe system partition too.
- Now select Install and navigate to location where you have placed your Rom and gapps zip files.
- Flashing rom might take about 5 minutes or so.Once flashing is complete do a factory reset again.
- Now reboot to system.Wait at least 15 minutes for initial boot to complete and once done you can explore Rom features.
Once it boots up you can enjoy all the features of cm12.0 rom on your xperia P Nypon. If you experience any boot loops just do a factory reset again and flash it.If you facing any issues while flashing Cyanogenmo rom on your xperia P just leave a comment below or contact us.